Monday, March 22, 2010

Introduction

My name is Aurelie Staker. I am currently pursuing a BA in Interior Design. I am a Freshman in my second semester in the program and although it is very time consuming and hard work, it has taught me many things and shown me that I have the ability to do anything if I really set my mind to it. I once heard someone say that what makes an artist is not the advancement of the tools they use but the ability to take something meager and create something marvelous. Although one has Prismacolor pencils does not make that person an artist. They could probably use them the same if not worse than regular 24 Crayola pencils. With all the expensive tools I was forced to buy, I believe I could of done a better job using less expensive tools. Beginners should start with something small and gradually grow. All those expensive Guache paints, the Prismacolor markers and pencils have been wasted on a beginner.
That said, I am enjoying my time at WSU and plan to continue through the program. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment