Friday, April 30, 2010

Coco Chanel Poster


For this project, I chose an old single cut onyx as my object that represents Coco Chanel and her work, then I conjured up a 2D model which I then used to design the 3D model with. My concept statement describes exactly what the concept was for it. It was a fun project which was so much fun putting together but the concept of the 3D model becoming a room was confusing and turned out to be just another concept model than a room. However, when I look at the work put into the model, I could see it as a monument, sheltering people from the rain as they draw or listen to music, and they can look up at the sky and see the rain collect. The tilted motion of the cover would also help the rain run off and not collect and cause tension. This is a possible design for my future career and I take pride in knowing that I designed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment