Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Arne Westerman





This is a presentation on a regional artist, Arne Westerman, who is a native-born Oregonian. I chose his work as my inspiration for my upcoming design of the depot-to-B&B-and-residence. What caught my attention was the attention to emotion and moments in life that pass us by. He does not draw a portrait but emotions and thoughts, times when we stop to look at something that intrigues us, even if for only an instant. Being an artist, I strive to better my art and to create something that can make people think and inspire them. I loved the creamy colors, the way light is always in the picture, the way his paintings evoke memories. I hope to take into account of the lessons he gives through his painting and apply them to my design.

No comments:

Post a Comment