Friday, April 8, 2011

[Depot] Concept Development - Concept Model

Concept Model

Concept Model (side)

Concept Model (side)

3D Model (1)

3D Model (2)

3D Model (3)

Final Parti

Inspiration struck when reviewing the many models that the Freshman class in the interior design program had done. I loved how many of the students had chosen to cut out patterns in their models and I thought it would go well with my "implied wall", closed but open, concept of my project. I drew from my inspiration and made two circles, then I took my parti's radiating lines as guides for the cutouts. I made each cutout different for visual interest and added color, orange in the center fading to purple on the outside to mimic a glow, since my inspiration deals with light. The models rocked back and forth on its sides and the cutouts were very dynamic. I learned some new techniques from the Freshman and tried to keep it simple while adding much visual interest. I am very satisfied with my model and feel that a good concept model lends itself well to a good design.

No comments:

Post a Comment