Friday, April 8, 2011

Textile

Inspiration Object Analysis Sheet

Sheet of Abstract Sketch Partis

Partis used for Patterns (Final on Left)

Final Pattern

Textile

Taking one of the concept model partis, I made pattern out of it by mirroring and rotating that one block and transferred that pattern onto an actual piece of fabric. The analogous color scheme (orange, red-violet, and red) made the pattern pop! Emphasis was given to the lines networking the pattern together. Through this process, I learned how easy it was to make a pattern and how many different ways you could make a pattern. Also, the strategic placement of color can make the pattern look different, bringing emphasis to certain parts or other of the pattern.

The textile that arrived LATE was actually not what I was expecting. I was expecting brighter colors and the pattern was done too big, the test sample I had printed out on the plotter was much smaller and more compact. I do like the fabric, however, and would like to work with Spoon flower again.

No comments:

Post a Comment